Skip to content
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
A black and white icon of a government building with columns, enclosed in a document-like outline with two circular fasteners at the top corners. A blue checkmark symbol is placed inside a small circle at the top of the building. Below the icon, bold black text reads

Title II Forum

  1. Home
  2. General Accessibility Discussion
  3. Heavy truck owner here, how often do you really need to change a 200Ah battery?

Heavy truck owner here, how often do you really need to change a 200Ah battery?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Accessibility Discussion
1 Posts 1 Posters 8 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • O Offline
    O Offline
    owenbrooks
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I drive a ten ton truck for a small water delivery company, and batteries are something I have always left to the workshop without asking much. Last month I got stuck at a site near Jebel Ali at six in the morning, with the engine making a slow, heavy groan and then going silent. The big battery was almost three years old, and the mechanic who came said it was a 200Ah one and that this size does not behave like a normal car battery. That made me curious, because I always thought a battery is a battery. My supervisor Naveed says a truck battery should last at least four years, but my colleague Farooq says in this heat two and a half is already lucky. I do not know who is right, and each replacement is not cheap, so I would like to understand it better before the next one. While searching for answers I read about a Leading Amaron 200Ah battery garage in Dubai, mainly to see what choices exist for heavy vehicles, because most places I know only talk about small cars. What I want to ask is simple. Does a battery this big need special care, like checking the water level or cleaning the terminals more often? And does leaving the engine idling for long hours at a site help charge it, or does it make things worse? I also heard that running the cabin air conditioner and the work lights while the engine is off can drain a big battery faster than people think. Is that true? Another thing is installation. A battery this size is very heavy, so is it safe to change it alone, or should two people always do it? I once saw a driver hurt his back doing that. Also, do you take the old one to a workshop yourself, or does someone collect it? If you drive trucks, buses, or generators with big batteries, please tell me how long yours lasted and what habits made the difference. Real stories are better for me than long technical words.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0

    • Login

    • Don't have an account? Register

    • Login or register to search.
    Powered by NodeBB Contributors
    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups